128 2nd Street
Carl O. Turnquist was born April 25, 1880, in Karbenning, Sweden, and came to Ogden in 1891 at age 11 with his parents. His parents settled with other Swedish immigrants in a popular Scandinavian settlement on the east side of Five Points where they built a farm on the top of a small hill above “the Points”. 
Carl met Harriett Sherner in the Lynne Ward; her father was president of the Scandinavian Society. Carl and Harriett were married on June 1, 1908. Harriett’s father, Peter Sherner, gave them land from his farm for their house at 128 2nd Street. In November 1908 Carl was called to be the bishop of the Lynne Ward; he was 28 years old and newly married, a very young bishop indeed.
In 1914-1915 Bishop Turnquist supervised the building of a new chapel on the triangle at Five Points by Smoot Park. Smoot Park land was donated by Senator Reed Smoot to the City of Ogden to maintain “forevermore” as a park. 
Bishop Turnquist had a committee of ten men from the community to construct the new church. William Wilson Fife was the architect. The new red brick building was constructed in 1914 at the cost of $20,000 and was not dedicated until debt-free in February 1926.
Many old-timers remember that the picture of the Building Committee hung in the entranceway of the church at Five Points until the 1950s. It is interesting to note that Bishop Carl Turnquist looks like the youngest man on the committee. All members of the committee were contributing members of the Lynne Community at this time.
Carl worked as a salesman for a local paper company. He and Harriett had three children. Carl died in 1940 and Harriett in 1944.
 - Laura Calette Turnquist, MEMORIES OF GRANDMA AND GRANDPA TURNQUIST, Gustav and Mathilda Turnquist, manuscript.
 - History of the Lynne Ward-Ogden 15th Ward, p. 13.